Ashleigh completed a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Psychology at the University of New South Wales, prior to completing her Master of Speech Language Pathology Degree at Macquarie University.
She has experience providing individual and group based speech therapy as well as Telehealth therapy in a range of clinical settings, including in private practice, inpatient and outpatient hospitals, aged care facilities, preschools, primary and high schools. Ashleigh joined the Speak & Write team in 2017.
Ashleigh’s main area of interest is working with individuals who have Pragmatic Disorders, High Level Language Difficulties and Childhood Apraxia of Speech.
- She is formally trained and certified in:
- The Spalding therapy method for literacy difficulties
- The PROMPT Technique for CAS
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (DTTC) for CAS The Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme (NDP3®) for CAS Proloquo2Go alternative communication program
- PFED paediatric feeding program
- Hanen ‘It Takes Two to Talk’ Program for late talkers
- Hanen ‘More than Words’ Program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- LSVT Loud Program for voice and speech difficulties.
- Shape Coding for language difficulties
- PEERS Social Skills Training Program
Additionally, she has attended seminars in the areas of Vocabulary and oral narrative intervention, accent modification, Ankyloglossia and Swallowing difficulties. She also has a keen interest in working with individuals who have fluency disorders and has attended the Australian Speak Easy convention to support her provision of up to date treatment for stuttering including the Lidcombe and Camperdown Programs.
Ashleigh provides clinical supervision to all of Speak & Write’s speech pathologists to ensure the continuation of professional development and implementation of evidence based practice within the clinic. She also provides external supervision to Speech Pathologists outside of the clinic. If this is something you would like to organise, please contact us here.